April 24, 2018 12:25 pm
Tools for searching and managing content on this storage have lagged, and the axle ai Hub is designed to be an integrated solution to this problem. The axle ai Hub can be plugged in, powered up and configured by a nontechnical user in under an hour. It immediately begins cataloging media on one or more attached storage devices (both networked and local), and makes low-res proxy media, populates an integrated database and displays a clean browser interface that can be viewed on Macs, PCs and mobile browsers. Media can be analyzed for face and object recognition, as well as additional metadata such as speech transcripts, using the point-and-click AI analysis tools on the axle ai Hub.
The compact (11” by 12” by 4”) appliance includes the following:
- axle ai media management software for 2 users
- axle ai panel for Premiere Pro CC for 2 users
- integrated remote media upload tool for 2 users
- Integrated face and object recognition licenses for 1 month
- Microsoft Video Indexer AI connector for 1 month
- Intel 6-core high-speed CPU (10- and 18-core versions also available)
- 16 Gigabytes of RAM
- 128 Gigabyte boot disk
- 4 Terabytes of storage for proxy media
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for network connections
- Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3 ports for direct-attach storage
- Remote installation support by axle ai
- One year hardware warranty and software updates
Sam Bogoch, axle ai CEO, said “We’re thrilled to be offering such a powerful appliance, a big step in making video search and collaboration radically simple. The main hurdles to adopting the power of machine learning and media management have been cost and complexity, and this one-box solution that can be plugged right into your network, solves both.”
Also recently highjlighted at NAB 2018
- Its new OEM relationship with Amazon’s AWS Elemental transcode solutions, which axle ai can now offer as a highly scalable transcoder with all configurations of its software, as described in axle’s recent Bleacher Report customer profile (https://www.shootonline.com/spw/bleacher-report-uses-axle-ai-and-amazon-web-services-prepare-manage-and-deliver-media-assets).
- New cloud and hybrid cloud options for axle ai, including the axle Media Cloud solution with partner Wasabi. This $400/month option includes 10 users and 10 terabytes of cloud storage, now with unlimited downloads (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/axle-video-and-wasabi-deliver-disruptive-media-cloud-solution-300515541.html)
- New Linux VM versions of axle ai for Quantum StorNext hardware (http://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/04/03/axle-ai-nab-show-2018/) as well as for IT-configured servers at midsize and larger postproduction sites.