V-Ray for Revit
Architects must make thousands of design decisions throughout the life of a project, and the best way for them to evaluate the options is to generate realistic images from their 3D building model. With V-Ray for Revit, they can review design options quickly and easily and make informed choices faster.
V-Ray lets architects render professional-quality, high-resolution images directly from their Revit model and helps them make critical design decisions.
- Create photorealistic imagery fast with a familiar and easy to use interface
- Review and present designs fast with simple VR tools
- Special material overrides for diagrammatic renderings
- Advanced image post-processing
- Material library that includes over 500 materials and works across all V-Ray 3.x products
- Streamlined UI: Updated and streamlined interface for a more intuitive, user-friendly workflow.
- Hybrid Rendering: V-Ray GPU running on NVIDIA CUDA can now take full advantage of all available hardware, including GPUs and CPUs.
- Faster scene export: With our new optimizations and smart caching, translation and rendering of complex scenes is now up to 4 times faster.
- Asset Browser: The new Asset Browser now includes materials and proxy objects, and allows you to select and edit multiple items at once.
- Filter maps by linked files: Filter materials from linked projects separately from project materials.
- Improved Color Material: The Color Material now includes options for transparency, glossiness and reflections.
- Global Material Overrides: Improved user interface with new option to override RPC materials.
- V-Ray Proxy objects: ArchVision RPC objects can be used as stand-ins for V-Ray proxy objects in your Revit scene to render high resolution models of trees, cars, people and other entourage.
- V-Ray Grass & Fur: Render realistic grass and fur.
- Infinite Ground Plane: The Infinite Ground Plane includes new global override controls, an improved UI, and is supported in interactive rendering mode.
- AutoGen materials: AutoGen materials are now supported in interactive rendering mode.
- Improved Settings sharing: A new UI makes it easy to share settings between projects and users, including importing settings by category.
- Improved Standalone Material Editor: A new color picker, and new gradient and color temperature texture maps have been added to the Standalone Material Editor.
- Improved V-Ray Frame Buffer: Copy the entire frame buffer image to the clipboard, including background and color corrections.
- Design-friendly interface: Quickly balance quality and speed with V-Ray for Revit’s render presets. Work in draft mode for early iterations and switch to high quality for presentations.
- Interactive Rendering: Render interactively while you design. Fine-tune lights and materials and see the results right away.
- Physically-based Lighting: Accurate options for IES and HDR image-based lighting, as well as support for Revit Sun and Sky.
- Adaptive Lights: Fast new lighting algorithm that can cut rendering time by up to 7X in scenes with many lights.
- Real-world Cameras: Simulate photographic cameras from Revit’s native camera views.
- Physical Materials: Automatically convert Revit materials to V-Ray’s physically-correct format. Fine-tune material properties using the V-Ray Material Editor.
- Material Library: Over 500 high-quality architectural materials — compatible with V-Ray for 3ds Max, Rhino and SketchUp.
- Diagrammatic Materials: Easily make scenes look diagrammatic or like a scale models with material presets such as basswood and foam core.
- Section boxes: Render sections easily with full support for Revit’s native section boxes.
- Denoiser: Automatically removes artifacts and noise, cutting render times with GPU-accelerated denoising.
- Aerial Perspective: Add realistic atmospheric depth with aerial perspective and environment fog.
- V-Ray Frame Buffer: Fine-tune your render’s color, exposure, and more directly in V-Ray’s frame buffer.
- Material ID Render Element: Mask individual objects for easier compositing in Photoshop or your favorite image editor.
- Virtual reality: Verify designs at 1:1 scale in popular VR headsets like Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
- V-Ray Swarm: Web-based distributed rendering to speed up rendering by using the power of all available desktops and render nodes.
- Export to V-Ray Standalone: Export a ready-to-render scene from Revit to V-Ray Standalone.
Please note that free trial licenses are available only to users who haven’t tested the current product version with a trial from Chaos Group.