January 25, 2021 3:06 pm
AJA Video Systems recently unveiled BRIDGE LIVE, a turnkey 1RU solution that makes it easy to move UltraHD or multi-channel HD video between uncompressed baseband SDI to/from a wide range of streaming and contribution codecs (H.265, H.264, MPEG-2 and JPEG 2000). BRIDGE LIVE supports a flexible array of containers and protocols, including SRT, RTMP/S, RTP, UDP and MPEG-TS, and extends to Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) ladder profiles and hand off for OTT packaging.
Versatile by design, BRIDGE LIVE meets the rigorous live video production and delivery demands of Telco, IPTV, and cable operations, broadcast facilities and OB trucks, sports arenas, houses of worship, and beyond. Its intuitive interface helps professionals seamlessly mesh HD/UltraHD SDI and streaming/IP for live workflows using AVC, HEVC, and MPEG 2, as well as JPEG 2000 with an additional license. BRIDGE LIVE can be used as a “set and forget” resource, working in the background to convert baseband video to and from live compressed streams, including multiple stream outputs and destinations from SDI inputs. BRIDGE LIVE also supports a wide variety of audio stream and codec choices from AAC to uncompressed PCM, with the ability to apply gain and sample rate conversion and remap channels.
Providing advanced flexibility, BRIDGE LIVE supports a host of protocols and configuration/ monitoring options for remote workflows including REST API and SNMP. Built-in 10GigE network ports provide plenty of bandwidth to move multiple streams of HD or UltraHD, and with the reliability of SRT as standard, neither public internet nor unreliable networks will prove an issue. Comprehensive metadata coverage includes support for closed captioning and ad insertion markers, as well as the ability to embed subtitles. BRIDGE LIVE makes it easy to deliver powerful results, whether streaming to a platform like YouTube, Facebook or Twitch; encoding produced video for distribution to OTT packaging; providing the video output from facility equipment to artists and clients for remote collaboration; or transporting/contributing video feeds from remote locations to a data center or media facility.
Key BRIDGE LIVE features include:
- Beautiful, easy to use, and field-proven software tools from Comprimato
- SDI encode or decode for one channel of UltraHD up to 60p, or up to four channels of 1080 60p HD via four 12G-SDI connections, that is compatible with 6G/3G-SDI
- Multiple stream outputs can be generated, or multiple destinations reached, from each channel of SDI Input
- Broad support for a range of encoding, decoding and transcoding codecs, including H.264 (AVC, MPEG-4), H.265 (HEVC) and MPEG-2, with an optional add-on for JPEG 2000 (VSF TR01) with 4:2:2, 10-bit/8-bit and 4:2:0 10-bit/8-bit color component sampling
- Robust video streaming with protocol support for RTMP, RTMPS, SRT (encryption available) and MPEG-TS, plus ABR ladder profiles and hand off for OTT packaging
- Comprehensive metadata support, including closed captioning/subtitles (EIA-608/708), line 21 captions, metadata pass-through, ad insertion markers (SCTE-35/SCTE-104), MPEG-2 ancillary packet (SMPTE 2038), and subtitles embedded within H.264 SEI messages
- Video processing tools, including auto color component sampling, cropping/padding, color adjustments, deinterlacing and 50% frame rate adjustments, logo insertion and resizing
- Extensive audio compatibility, including AAC, AC3, MPEG-2 audio and uncompressed PCM (SMPTE 302M-2007)
- 16-channels of embedded audio I/O per connection, with 16- and 24-bit quality, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous
- High density 1RU design with dual redundant power supplies (100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz), four full size BNC connectors, and dual 10GbE onboard NICs for network connectivity
- Remote configuration, monitoring and management via web-browser, REST API and SNMP access and control
- Local configuration, monitoring and management via DisplayPort and USB
- AJA three-year warranty
“Live production is booming as streaming becomes standard, more events pivot to a virtual format, and educational institutions implement distance learning. Developing a pipeline to support all the necessary requirements has historically proven costly and often inefficient, which is why we’ve developed BRIDGE LIVE in partnership with Comprimato. Combining AJA’s production proven I/O hardware with the encoding/ transcoding power of Comprimato’s software, BRIDGE LIVE provides a more efficient way to manage end-to-end live production and delivery, while paving a simpler path to maximize content distribution revenue,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems, Inc.