ZBrush appeals to a wide audience by providing empowering tools that give users intuitive and visual control over the digital images they create. By providing a unique synthesis of 2D and 3D capabilities in a single stand-alone tool, ZBrush collapses economic and ease-of-use barriers to creating stunning images.
ZBrush 4R5 includes the following usability upgrades: Dynamic Brush Size control, Mouse Wheel support, Quick/Auto Save functions and much more.
With ZBrush 4R5, users will gain the ability to generate cleaner topology faster than ever before. Combine the new Panel Loops with the power of QRemesher and the possibilities for creating complex and efficient parts are endless.
ZBrush 4R5 also includes powerful rendering enhancements, such as a Posterization setting that creates illustration effects similar to a Photoshop painting.
ZBrush 4R5 is a FREE upgrade for existing registered users
Major New Features
• Dynamic Brush Size - Makes it possible for the brush size to dynamically change as the model moves closer or further away from the camera. This becomes extremely helpful when
sculpting items such as bolts, alpha pattern, scales, and etc. No matter the distance the model is from the camera the bolt, alpha pattern and scales will remain the same size due to the
brush dynamically changing.
• Panel Loops - Based on PolyGroups, this feature will transform the selected model into individual panels with thickness. Or it can extrude those panels from the surface with clean
borders and bevels, perfect for hard-edge sculpting.
• Delete Loops - Allows you to remove unnecessary edge loops. At higher settings it can also drastically change the shape of your model.
• Align Loops - An alternative to the Delete Loops feature, this produces the same visual effect but doesn't change the model's topology.
• Improved Frame Mesh - Creates curves based on the model's PolyGroups, creased edges or it outline. These curves can then be used with any of the curve-based sculpting brushes.
• PolyGroup Enhancements - Several functions have been added relating to ZBrush's Poly-Group options. You can now group by normals, merge stray groups (useful when groups have
been auto-assigned), crease or uncrease by PolyGroup and also aSmart Polish By Feature function to improve your mesh shape without losing volume.
• Posterize - Posterization takes a smooth gradient and converts it to fewer steps with abrupt changes between them; a staircase kind of effect. With additions made to the profile curves,
Material Mixer, BPR Filters and a new 3D Posterize feature, you can now easily create a cell shaded render.
• Polish - A new set of Polish sliders has been added in the Tool >> Deformation sub-palette to improve your surface and make them cleaner, especially for hard surface models and
product design objects. It includes the so powerful Polish by Features, but also the Polish by PolyGroups and Polish by Crisp Edges.
• See-Through Mode - Makes the entire interface transparent so that you can see open windows behind ZBrush. As an example, you can use your browser to find a reference image
and sculpt against it without even needing to import it into ZBrush!
• Auto Save - ZBrush will now periodically and automatically save your work in a temporary project file. It will also auto-save when ZBrush is idle, such as if you're away from your computer
or switch to another application without first closing ZBrush.